Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Knitting fingers

I have been working on creating my Christmas presents. Those living outside of my house are doing pretty well. I have made six hats and have two scarves in process. I have a pair of slipper socks on the needle but they are currently stuffed in a drawer. Not sure when they will be coming out. I have a request to make another sweater and a hat. Actually make that four hats cuz the little guys would like to keep their heads warm at night.
Because I am doing all this knitting - decorating is not getting done at our house. I also am somewhat lacking in the energy to put up all the stuff. Mostly because it is just stuff. I have put out the Advent wreath and the Countdown calendar. All else remains in the basement where it has been living for the past year. The other issue is that once up it takes even longer to put them away again. The kids are usually nagging loudly as Valentine's Day approaches.
I will put them up - the kids will have fun even if I won't. Sometimes I need to borrow that hope and worry free feeling that kids get to have.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!
Kate

No comments: