Thursday, May 29, 2014

First attempts at processing our fleece

So ~ I finally got around to washing a little bit of our fleece.  We purchased a dog comb per Cary's suggestion for a cheap way to comb fiber.  We also used Cary's suggestions for washing the fiber.  It turned out pretty good I think.  MK is loving working with and I am loving the colors that are coming out.  I can't wait for her to spin it and see what that looks like!  Here are some pics that I had promised to post.



Hope you enjoyed them!  I hope you can see all the mix of colors in the last picture.  We used George's fleece.  He was a CVM/Corriedale/Merino mix.  What can I say ~ we tend to go for mutts. :)
Thanks for stopping by!
God Bless,
Kate

2 comments:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

I'm so excited!!!! It looks great, from the photos ;) Thanks so much for sharing, I can't wait to see more...

Kate said...

I can't wait to get picks of the yarn she is spinning. I told her it looks like Fudge Marble Ice cream!