Friday, June 3, 2016

Just a Quick Check in

Hi,

I just wanted to make sure I put something up this week.  It has to be short ~ I have prayers to go say.  It has been an interesting week.  I have much time to read and learn more about my faith this week.  I keep asking God to help us either get closer to tradition or to bring tradition closer to us.
So far no move...but I am thankful for the time that he is taking to prepare me for such a move.  I have learned over the years that when I come across something three times, I need to pay attention.

What have I recently come across three times?  You need to pack up your stuff and move to a traditional community where you can receive the support of like minded people and be close to daily reception of the Sacraments.

Okay ~ so we are pondering how to do that.  We are just in the pondering stages at the moment.  We will ponder and pray and see what happens.

In other news...MK turned 18 this week!  She was pretty excited for her birthday but not because of the number.  She was excited because it was a day to celebrate.  We have another celebration for her next week...Graduation party!  Looking at how little time there is between now and then I am a little intimidated with the amount of work that needs to get done.

The garden ~ the garden is coming along nicely.  The dh is doing a fine job this year of maintaining a truly beautiful garden.  He went out and bought some really nasty smelling spray to get rid of the raiding rabbits.  It seems to be working.  He also is employing the help of our two teenage boys in mowing the yard...or acreage. :)  The boys are adjusting to doing such fine manly work.

House work ~ My dh agreed that painting another room right now is not a good idea.  So the craft room will remain white till fall.  Then he went out to LOwe's and bought a 5 gallon pale of a pretty blue semi-gloss because it was only $50.  This is how we have painted before ...so now we need to decide where this might best fit.  A nice problem to have really.

That should be good for now to have brought mostly up to speed in my rather ordinary life.

Enjoy your weekend and make sure to keep Sunday holy ~ rest, read, pray.

Kate

No comments: